The RrSG and ICANN Engagement team co-hosted an outreach lunch for APAC Registrars at ICANN 57. The lunch was well attended and provided an excellent opportunity for APAC Registrars to get to know key RrSG members and ICANN staff and voice their particular opinions and concerns. We look forward to working together further in the future.
Two of the RrSG’s GNSO Council Representatives resigned earlier this month pursuant to Charter rules. As a result, a call for nominations has been issued to fill the remaining terms of Volker Greimann and Jennifer Gore’s positions. Nominations will be accepted until 23:59 UTC on Thursday, 21 July 2016. The Charter requires that individuals nominated for GNSO Council representative must be from a region other than North America, which is already represented by Council Chair, James Bladel. As a reminder, any Member’s Registered Representative may nominate another for an elected position. The nomination must be seconded by another Member. The nominee must accept the nomination and provide the required conflict of interest statement. The list of nominees will be published following the close of the nomination period.
The election closed last night at 2359 UTC. Thanks to everyone who ran for election and to all members who voted.
The results are as follows:
Graeme Bunton – 100%
Darcy Southwell – 100%
Theo Geurts – 100%
Ben Anderson – 57.7%
Rob Villeneuve – 42.3%
NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE
Thomas Barrett – 100%
GNSO COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
Michele Neylon – – 100%
The Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer will assume their positions as of 1 July 2016. The GNSO Council and the Nominating Committee representatives will assume their positions when seated at ICANN’s annual general meeting in November in Hyderabad, India.
Thanks to Paul Goldstone for his service to the RrSG as Treasurer over the last year.
As previously announced the nomination period for the elections closed last night at 2359 UTC.
The following candidates have been nominated, seconded and have accepted their nomination and provided a conflict of interest statement:
CHAIR: Graeme Bunton
VICE CHAIR: Darcy Southwell
SECRETARY: Theo Geurts
TREASURER: Ben Anderson; Rob Villeneuve
NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE: Thomas Barrett
GNSO COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE: Michele Neylon
As per the Charter there is now a discussion period of one week on the members’ mailing list.
The Registrar Stakeholder Group is seeking a contractor to assist us in the day to day running of our stakeholder group. Full details below:
Request for Proposal for RrSG Secretariat
The Registrar Stakeholder Group (RrSG) (http://icannregistrars.org/) is one of several stakeholder groups within the ICANN community and is the representative body of domain name registrars. It is a diverse and active group that works to ensure the interests of registrars and their customers are effectively advanced. The RrSG’s Executive Committee is elected on an annual basis by the members and consists of a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer. They work closely with the GNSO Councilors selected by the RrSG members.
Overview of RFP
The RrSG is seeking a contractor to perform administrative duties and provide operational support for the Executive Committee and RrSG members. Administrative duties will vary based on need and areas of focus throughout the year. The RFP response should be delivered via email to the RrSG Secretary, Darcy Southwell, at email@example.com by 24 June 2016 at 23:59 UTC.
- Coordinate and schedule regular membership and Executive Committee meetings, prepare and send out agendas
- Meet regularly with leadership to ensure needs, deadlines, issues are identified
- Proactively track needs, deadlines, issues
- Proactively work with members who serve on working groups, implementation review teams, and committees to ensure their updates/issues are included on needed agendas
- Prepare annual operating budget and perform quarterly budget review/evaluation
- Q/A RrSG website content
- Manage new member onboarding
- Manage membership list and membership mailing list
- Manage all ICANN meeting issues (assist in meeting agenda development, coordinate all meeting needs (e.g., guest speakers, presentations, catering orders, etc.))
- Manage all member voting, member surveys/polls
- Collect, track, and report on membership dues
- Manage bank account reconciliation
- Support other leadership and membership needs
The term of the contract will run from 1 July to 30 June each year to coincide with the RrSG’s stated fiscal year. If a candidate is selected on or after 1 July 2016, the contract term will run from the date of contract execution through 30 June 2017. Payment will be made on a monthly basis for the prior month’s work.
Please submit the following no later than 24 June 2016 at 23:59 UTC to RrSG Secretary, Darcy Southwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A summary of your recent and relevant projects along with a detailed description of your skills and how they would apply to the scope of work described above.
- Proposed monthly fee.
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses for professional references that you have interacted or worked with within the past eighteen months.
We intend to hold interviews (via phone or Skype) with final candidates during the week of 4 or 11 July 2016. If you have questions, please email them to RrSG Secretary, Darcy Southwell, at email@example.com.
PDF of the above announcement:
In common with other stakeholder groups within ICANN, the Registrar Stakeholder Group has several elected positions. Within the stakeholder group itself we have our Executive Committee officer positions, namely Chair, Vice-Chair & Technology Officer, Secretary and Treasurer. We also have 3 GNSO councillors and an appointee to ICANN’s Nominating Committee.
Yesterday we opened nominations for several of those positions:
- Vice Chair & Technology Officer
- GNSO Council representative
- Nominating Committee Representative
Members of the Registrar Stakeholder Group can submit nominations via the members mailing list until 2359 UTC on Tuesday June 7th 2016.